Monday, November 17, 2008

Polyvore = Loving the Internet More & More Everyday

I just discovered the website Polyvore.com. I love it because I always cut our pictures in magazine and collage them in a binder for ideas, but once they get glued down I can't really reuse the images.

Polyvore is a free web-based resource that let's you take images from around the World Wide Web and make a digital collage. I wish this was around when I was a child because this is basically all I wanted to do all day long. It's like of like the challenges on Stylista.

It's fun for decorating your dream house (a la M.A.S.H.), or choosing decor items for your real house before you make any purchases. Or, you could go the fashion route and put together outfits just like Cher did in Clueless.

Polyvore keeps a record of where each product came from so you can track it down later. You can also share your image with others or embed it on your blog.

I have to plan my booth for the Bust Holiday Craftacular and Polyvore is going to come in very handy.

Bust Craftacular by wickedmint

Obviously I have a lot of work to do. In the meantime, check out these sweet collages and go to Polyvore to create an account!


mushroom by deyana13inaz


Paris Purple........... by BrandedWitch

2 comments:

beacon brothers said...

is that gnome cottage your dream house??? b/c it's my dream house! although my dream house will have an a-frame gingerbread roof rather than a mushroom top. maybe we'll find ourselves living in the same neighborhood one day...

margot said...

i can't believe you have been watching stylista and we have not discussed this.