Saturday, November 15, 2008

Kawaii Food Stuffie Swap

I took a little break from swaps, but I'm getting back into the swing of things. My new rule is to make sure I really want to do make the craft and not just think it sounds fun. I recently joined the swap Kawaii Food With Faces Stuffie. What is that you ask? Well basically, we had to make a stuffed creature that looked like a piece of food in the style of Japanese Super-cute (I made up that term).

The craft started out kind of a pain in the neck, but once I got into it I found it kind of fun. My partner wanted a strawberry, which I was thankful for because it was easier to tackle than a cupcake.

The berry is made from felt and I painted on black seeds. I used thread to make the smile, many pieces of felt to make the leaves, and a bit of elastic rope was used for the stem.

No comments: