Sunday, June 1, 2008

Parents Weekend II

Abe's dad and stepmom are visiting NYC this weekend and today we took them to the Brooklyn Museum and then we went to the Botanical Gardens. It was about 80 degrees and sunny so it was really a perfect day to do both things - and a perfect June 1!

The Brooklyn Museum has a big exhibit going on right now showing Murakami's work. It wasn't a big hit for our group with the exception of me. I don't know if I like it as fine art, but standing in a room of colors just jolts my senses and really inspires me. Plus, even though I'm not into manga and anime, I have always loved the culture of Japanese cute, or "kawaii".

The rest of the museum was great, especially the Japanese prints room, and of course the Botanical Gardens are a crowd pleaser. Abe's dad bought me a a new plant. I say "me" and not "we" because Abe was like "Nooo more plants." Whatever, he knows we can never have enough plants.

Anyway, the new plant is Trumpet Honeysuckle and it should crawl and wrap around the railing of our fire escape. It's going to look awesome. I did some rearranging so there is more room out there and maybe I will even be able to sit out there once in a while.

No comments: