Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Officially Summer

This weekend was a pretty great "officially summer" weekend. On Friday we had a 30th birthday BBQ and party for our friend Sam. That was pretty much 100% pure hijinks and tomfoolery.

Meredith balancing a watermelon.

Kebabs. Best ones I have ever had in my life.

Cake time.

Abe being difficult while he is fitted with a do-rag.

On Saturday the Grand Street Community Band, in which I play the alto clarinet, played a concert in McGorlick Park in Greenpoint. That was really fun because it was like guerrilla music making. There were no announcement, no formal audience...we just set up shop and played marching band music. Park were confused at first, but mid-way through our program we had a nice gathering and everyone was enjoying the free live music.


Me making a "Enough with the picture taking." face even though I asked Abe to take pictures.

On Sunday I went to the beach with Abe and my cousin, Eddie. We left at 8:30am and didn't hit any traffic and left around 2 and got back to Brooklyn just before a huge thunderstorm hit. I didn't take pictures because I took myself off the clock and just allowed myself to read junkie magazines and nap. I did finally get my cousin over to help me put some new script on my website so hopefully I'll have that up and running before July.

No comments: