Monday, January 25, 2010

Beacon Weekend

Saturday was spent with one of my best friends and her friends and family. There is sadness surrounding the circumstances, but there is also laughter and hugs and lots of love. XOXO.

There was also delicious food and good times with the Cat Paint app.



On Sunday, Abe and I went to DIA: Beacon for a members' tour of the new space for the Robert Ryman gallery. I don't know if you're familiar with his work, but it's mostly just different shades of white paint on square surfaces.



I have to admit that I think most of it was baloney art talk, but I did find the curator to be very interesting and knowledgeable. I would say that this gallery at DIA was always my least favorite, but after the talk I can appreciate the pieces.

Probably the best part of the whole tour was looking at all the hip, modern eye wear. At least 80% of the people in the room wore glasses. I'm thinking only 50% of those people had prescription lenses.

After the tour there was a small brunch. I ate 2 chocolate croissants. They were small!

No comments: