Sunday, April 19, 2009

Garden Season

Saturday was fun. In the morning I went to Lowe's with Chelsea to get some gardening supplies. We made a pit stop at McDonald's on our way home and I had a McFlurry lunch.

Back at the apartment, I got to cleaning up the backyard. After I had cleaned all the trash out, raked the ground, did some planting of brussel sprouts, propagated the Tiger Lilly, and completed a new grill station layout, I thought it looked pretty awesome back there. But now, when I look at the photos I realize there is still so much to be done. The problem is that I rent and plan on moving next winter, so I don't really want to spend money on someone else's property behind a Chinese restaurant. But to give you an idea, I've posted some before photos (circa 2 years ago) for reference.


Click for large view.


Click for large view.

I planted a ton of brussel sprouts, moved the strawberries into containers, tried to cover a lot of the shadier areas with mint, lavender and wild flower seeds.

After a day of yard work I took the G train to Brooke and Miles' apartment for the first BBQ of the year and it was damn good.

No comments: