Monday, January 19, 2009

Weekend of Birthday Fun

This weekend was Abe's 29th birthday weekend... and also a long weekend (thanks, MLK Jr.!). On Friday we went to dinner at Motorino, which was just delicious. I had pizza with brussel sprouts on it.

On Saturday we had an impromptu birthday celebration at our house before heading out to another birthday party way down in South Brooklyn. For his birthday I made about 40 cupcakes (24 of them were minis). I got the recipes from the latest Martha Stewart magazine and they were sooooo good.


Boston Cream Pie Cupcakes


One Bowl Chocolate Cupcakes & Buttercream Frosting (with 6 oz chocolate chips added)


Abe with his presents.


I love seeing cupcakes in peoples' hands.


Little sandwiches served by Ben - a recipe I also got from a Martha Stewart Living magazine.


Andy proud to wear a lanyard.


Matt & Dave talking music talk.


Steve & Andy realize Brooklyn looks like a gnome wearing a hoodie (I think it looks like a Victorian kitten wearing a bonnet).

2 comments:

atmanone said...

I use a lanyard bc I am a responsible adult. I would be nothing without it

Alicia G. said...

Those cupcakes look so delish! It looked like a great event!