Friday, January 16, 2009

Old Pawn Indian Jewelry

I have a serious thing for Blue Jays and Cardinals...and not the baseball teams. Growing up we used to keep a dish of cat food on our porch for our cat, Tony. The Blue Jays in the yard would always come and eat her food. For some reason that made me really like them because they seemed to have a strong personality...I liked them enough to make a bag with one:


And Cardinals just seemed like their classier cousins. My grandparents had a lot of Cardinals in their yard and my grandmother would always get excited and point them out to me. They had two paintings from Mexico - one of a Blue Jay and one of a Cardinal. When my grandparents passed away my sister and I each got one.

Anyway, I was just out e-browsing and came across this necklace at PuebloDirect.com. If $975.00 is ever an insignificant amount of money to me I am so buying this piece of jewelry. Its double-sided - if only it had a Cardinal instead of a Hummingbird!


3 comments:

Allyson said...

Cardinals are also the mascot of Paws Alma Mater. And if you are ever in the market for a cool cardinal print...... etsy - krisblues, super cute!! and for felted cardinals (gasp- ur new fav!) check out etsy - gotcrowcreations.....

Anonymous said...

And interestingly enough, for some reason the birds made me really hate them.

Prachi said...

This is beautiful. Some jewelers create dream designs into reality, this is one of them.