Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

I made a big tin of these for Halloween, but I forgot to take a picture before I put them out for the office...

Finger-licking Good Cookies

I saw a picture of these on a blog somewhere, but I can't remember where. From the picture I guessed that they could be make from a shortbread cookie recipe. I tried making it and it was too crumbly to mold so I added an egg and that did the trick.

3/4 c. butter, softened
1/4 c. sugar
2 c. flour
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1 egg
Raspberry jam
Almond slices

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter and sugar, work in flour. If dough is crumbly, mix in 1 or 2 tablespoons soft butter.

Form the "fingers" and press a dent with your own finger to make the nail bed. Add a drop of raspberry jam to the "nail bed" and then place one almond slice in the jam to look like a finger nail. Add a little bit of jam to the opposite end of the finger to make it look like it was ripped off the hand.

Bake 20 minutes or until set. Remove from sheet immediately. Makes about 2
dozen.

No comments: