Friday, October 3, 2008

Baked Alaska aka "Hockey Mom Surprise"

Last night I had some friends over to watch the Vice Presidential debates. It turned out to be a much more interesting debate than the Presidential debate last week, and I was really pleased with Biden and his nice, white teeth. I loved that whenever Palin would skip the topic at hand half the tv screen would just turn blinding white with Biden's smile. Go, Joe! Don't take that crap.


Just a little Italian/Hungarian appetizer board.

In honor of the debates we decided to make Baked Alaska. Believe it or not, this is not salmon casserole. It is ice cream and cake!

If I was to make Baked Alaska it was decided that I needed a Palin up-do, which Meredith was happy to create.




Meredith is a really good hair stylist. Very avant garde.

The meringue didn't really work out so we only put it on the top. It ended up being more like marshmallow, which is totally fine with me. It might not have been the prettiest Baked Alaska, but looks aren't everything when you taste so darn good.



If you look over the top you can see Russia.

No comments: