Thursday, March 27, 2008

Flower Explosion!

I woke up this morning and on my nightstand was this:

I was like "Oh wow, thanks Abe!" and he said "Did you look anywhere else?" so I looked over at my dresser and saw this:

Abe worked at an event last night for the USA Network. I think he said it was at MOMA...or maybe it was at The Modern. I don't know...doesn't matter, all that matters is that the party used $25,000 worth of cut flowers and Abe brought home as many as he could - because they were going to throw them all away!!!! Makes me sick to my stomach. Poor little flowers. He brought home 4 stems of Phalaenopsis orchids, which are just amazing. He said two of them (I think they might be Butterfly Phalaenopsis) retail for $100 a stem! There were also tulips, white Calla Lilies, and two stems of Hydrangea. I feel like the florist version of Scrooge McDuck. I just want to dive head first into the blossoms and do the backstroke in them.

No comments: