Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Gay Pride Parade NYC

On Thursday we realized that this weekend was the Gay Pride Parade in NYC. I had not been in past year, but my boyfriend passed through last year on his way to work and was very excited. It was perfect timing because I had a good friend in town for the weekend and we were looking to whoop it up. So on Sunday afternoon we sucked up our hangovers and headed to Christopher Street. Out of the group of us only one is gay and I think he was probably the least pumped up out of all of us. Last year I went to my first NYC Marathon (sad because I've lived here for 5 years) and it was a battle to not hysterically cry. There is something about cheering people and all the energy in the air that made my emotions run wild. I something similar when we first got to the Pride Parade. I'm totally behind equal rights for gay and straight people, but besides that it is a wonderful feeling to be around so many people pouring out positive energy. Next year there's talk of marching in it...

No comments: