Friday, March 12, 2010

Gardening 101: Starting Seeds

We are promised loads of rain in New York this weekend, which normally isn't the best of news, but this time it means all the snow in my yard will finally melt! That means it's time to prep the gardening ventures for 2010.


Toilet Roll Seed-Starters


via You Grow Girl

Newspaper Seed-Starter Pot


via Design*Sponge

Egg Carton Seed Starter



via Instructables

Here is a list of herbs & veggies I plan on growing this year. Let me know if you have any other suggestions!

  • Dill
  • Mint
  • Thyme
  • Oregano
  • Basil
  • Cilantro
  • Chives
  • Rosemary
  • Parsley
  • Sage
  • Brussel Sprouts
  • Tomatoes (variety)
  • Zucchini
  • Summer Squash
And if I have room, but I don't think I will:

  • Beets
  • Turnips
  • Peas
  • Broccoli
  • Eggplant
  • Cauliflower

No comments: