Tuesday, October 6, 2009

PSA from Wicked Mint

I'm a big fan of Dave Ramsey's radio show. I discovered him a little over 2 years ago when I watched the movie Maxed Out.

I don't agree with every little thing Dave says, but I do believe in being debt free, financial responsibility and the power of knowledge to make money work for you. His approach and philosophies make learning about personal finance fun and interesting. Best if all - it's not complicated, it's just common sense.

Anyway, I highly recommend listening to Dave's podcast and learning more about his programs at daveramseyonline.com. I don't think I would know half of what I know about investing if it wasn't for his radio program. For those of you that shy away from religious conversations I warn you that he is Christian and makes reference to church and behaving as a Christian, but don't let that get in the way of you becoming a millionaire - the show is about money, not religion.

I sound like I am being paid to advertise Dave, but I'm not - I just really want to share what I find to be extremely valuable information. I don't think I would be buying a house right now if I hadn't started to follow his plan 2 years ago.

In the meantime, he made this monthly budget calculator available for people to post on their blogs. Try it out, you'll probably learn a few things about your money and expenses.

No comments: