Monday, July 20, 2009

Weekend in The Berkshires

Went up to The Berkshires for the weekend and partook in a lot of outdoor activities and good times with Abe and some old friends and their families.

Traffic was a monster on Friday and 5 hours after leaving Brooklyn we were rewarded for the pain with this crazy lighting and view.



Saturday we hiked up Monument Mountain.









There were baby birds at the house - they flew the coop Sunday morning. They grow up so fast.



On Sunday we walked to the Norman Rockwell Museum. It was really awesome. My favorite part was visiting his studio - I wish I could steal his studio and move into it.



On our way back to NYC on Sunday I saw a sign for a labyrinth and swerved into a church parking lot ... not exactly my dream labyrinth, but was still pleasant and possibly a spiritual experience.



I promised Abe ice cream and had the Red Rooster as my goal - saw it on our way up and desperately wanted to go there. I am a sucker for old fashioned things.





Got back to Brooklyn and noticed that the former home of Manhattan Avenue's Subway is now Subs UR Way. Mmmm "Eat Fresher."?

No comments: