Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Mission: Jewelry Box

Almost every day I wear the original heart-shaped gold studs used to pierce my ears when I was 5, a gold and lapis necklace my parents gave me at Confirmation at the age of 14, and a silver and gold ring my mom gave me for Christmas about six years ago.



Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of other jewelry that I love, but I never have time to switch it up in the mornings. One problem is that I don't have a good jewelry box to help organize what I have. Right now I have things in like random old jewelry boxes that I got from my grandmother's closet, little cardboard boxes, and hanging from random things. I need a one-stop shop for all my family jewels.

Requirements:
  • Keep necklaces tangle-free
  • Keep earrings in pairs
  • Lid closes and "locks" securely (I gots butter fingers)
  • Large enough to fit at least 90% of my stuff
  • Small enough that it fits on my dresser
  • Not from a big-box store
  • Modern/vintage/art deco/wood
Let's meet two of the finalists....


There are two of these on Ebay. Maybe I should just get a matching set?

VINTAGE LADY BUXTON JEWELRY BOX EMERALD GREEN & GOLD




VINTAGE JEWELRY/COSMETIC BLACK CARRY ALL BLACK CASE

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a bunch of those clear cases with divisions on them that you use for crafts. They work great for earrings, they close securely and you can see through and pick before opening up the box!
They have them at the dollar stores in Greenpoint too! Score!