Sunday, November 9, 2008

Swap: Old into New Swap! Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.

I created a new swap born from my need to purge my "savings". My Junk Savings that is.

So all you out there that haven't jumped on the swapping train yet - now is the time! Yes we can. (Oh man, I didn't just say that, did I?)

Old into New Swap! Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.

In this swap you will create a functional craft (something that can be used - not artwork) using recycled materials.

This means you will take fabric scraps, paper scraps, used mailing tubes, used boxes, string - whatever you want - and create a new, up-cycled craft for your partner. Just make sure the pieces you use are clean.

At least 75% of your craft should be made from reused materials, but of course you can use new glue, paint,stamps, stickers etc... and other new pieces if necessary.

Read your partner's profile for inspiration (maybe they like to cook and you can create a recipe box), but really this craft is coming from you, using your old materials, so you have the final say in what you create.

When you send your craft please include a note listing where the items used originally came from.

Because this is an involved swap I'm being strict on the requirements:

  • INTERNATIONAL SWAP
  • 4.8 or higher rating
  • Zero "no sends"
  • If you have a rating/no-send problem and want to join contact me and I will make a decision based on the circumstances.
  • Newbies with no swaps under their belt are allowed to join only with a completed profile and must live in the United States.

No comments: