Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Weekend 2008

Nothing like a long weekend to make the first week of non-summer seem extra depressing. Oh well, I am happy that this means we have fall weather ahead of us and can wear my new jacket!


Friday afternoon I had lunch with Siobhan and Meredith. Siobhan was in town for a few days from London. It was awesome to see her and drink rosé, but I wish we had more time together.

After lunch with Siobhan I scurried off to the 7 train to meet Abe. We were going to the U.S. Open! This is our second year going and we freaking love it. Who knew we would like watching tennis so much? We saw Andy Roddick play against Ernests Gulbis.

Andy Roddick warming up.


Tennis luvers


I forgot I got an ice cream cone.


Abe found a ball over by the warm-up courts.

Saturday we drove up to Massachusetts and on the way I took Abe on a quick tour of UConn (my alma mater).

Saturday night we went to the Picadilly Pub on Shrewsbury Street in Worcester. It was surprisingly good. Then we went over Dave & Brit's house and hung out with them and Dennis.

French onion soup.


Abe did not like me taking photos during dinner.

Sunday we drove into Boston and met up with Allyson. Allyson is the most wonderful person in the world and got her hands on 3 tickets to a Red Sox game!


This was Abe's first trip to Fenway so it was pretty exciting. It was also really awesome to spend the day with Allyson, who I don't get to see as often as I'd like. The Red Sox lost, but it was a really fun game.

Me and Al

No comments: