Sunday, April 6, 2008

Sunday Dinner : Pea and Prosciutto Risotto

I am reading the book Eat, Pray Love (I just finished two heavy books and this is the perfect "feel good" break book. I'm really loving it.) and in the first section the author is living in Italy and describing her experiences with the food and language. I've been laying around reading all weekend and by this afternoon I was dying for a big delicious meal so I decided to make risotto. I invited my friends, Dennis and Chelsea, over and we ate and played Scattergories.


This is the apron I got in the Sassy Apron Swap. I freaking love this apron. It has pockets AND it is reversible!

If you like peas, mushrooms and proscuitto I highly recommend this recipe. It was disgustingly delicious. The recipe doesn't call for mushrooms, but I love them so I added some baby bella mushrooms (or what I like to call "steak of the forest"). Also, I used vegetable broth instead of chicken broth and I used Asiago cheese instead of Parmigiano-Reggiano.

Note: I just realized that there are 3 Brooklyn themed items in this one photo. Dennis' shirt from Brooklyn Industries, a Brooklyn poster on the wall from Ork Posters and a Brooklyn tray on the table from Fishs Eddy. Gotta show the love - Brooklyn is a magical place.

No comments: