Monday, April 21, 2008

Parents Weekend

My parents came to visit me this weekend. They stayed at a new hotel in Williamsburg called Hotel Le Jolie (the only hotel in Williamsburg unless you count the Greenpoint YMCA - don't encourage your parents to stay there). Even though the hotel sits under the BQE it is pretty nice on the inside.

On Saturday we went to Coney Island (after an accidental ride over the Verrazano Bridge and quick tour of Staten Island). It was a beautiful day so it felt really nice to be outside at the beach - I was even wearing shorts for crying out loud. Abe and I rode the Cyclone for the first time ever. I was scared because the thing does not sound very safe, but it ended up being really fun albeit uncomfortable. I have a serious case of whiplash.

Later in the day we went out to for drinks at Iona and Nita Nita. It was a really nice day so the streets were packed with people enjoying the weather. It's always kind of fun when the weather turns nice and the city wakes up ready for BBQ's and outdoor bar gardens. We had dinner at Fiore later that night - always delicious. It was a very fun day.


No comments: