Sunday, March 16, 2008

Night of Music


Last night was my first BCCO concert. It was held at Plymouth Church in Brooklyn Heights. The church itself is pretty amazing. It was part of the Underground Railroad, and Abraham Lincoln, Mark Twain and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. all spent time at the church. You can click here to read about some of the history.

The concert was wonderful. A huge group of my friends and co-workers came for the event and made the night extra special for me. The highlights of the night were Steve Solook on the marimba and our last piece "An American in Paris" by George Gershwin.

Afterwards we went to the bar Floyd in Carroll Gardens. When we were leaving Abe looked over and saw Zefrank standing in front of the bar next door. This was pretty much the ultimate "celebrity" sighting Abe could have asked for. He went over and talked to him for a while and then pulled me over to meet him too. It was pretty fun - Abe couldn't have been more excited.

Me looking very chipper and ready for the concert to start.

Just making a quick call.

All the beautiful congratulatory flowers given to me by my mom and friends.

No comments: