Monday, December 10, 2007

That was Craftacular!


Well, all the hard work preparing for the BUST Craftacular was worth it. I could barely sleep the night before and was up by 6am. Abe and I were in the car at 7am and in front of the Manhattan Pavilion by 7:30 - early enough to score a parking spot out front and with time to chow down an egg sandwich.

I didn't think I had a great spot when I looked at the map, but my location ended up being top notch! I had plenty of room to set up a nice shop and was in an area where there was room for people to really see everything on my table. There were so many awesome vendors - if I had time I could have spent a fortune shopping in that one room.

My top sellers of the day were definitely my dishtowels, but the t-shirts came in a close second as well as my new yoga bags. I got a lot of requests for other patterns printed on my yoga bags so I'll definitely come out with a few more now that I know there is interest. My Poucho and El Sloucho bags sold well and I was cleaned out of buttons, postcards and business cards!

I met some great people at the show - we all had so much fun. I haven't done markets in a long time and the last time I did them I was really burnt out. I forgot that they are soooo fun when you're selling your product and you get to meet a lot of wonderful artists, crafters and business people. Abe and I decided to do a few big shows each year and maybe travel a bit.

I have to give a big hand to Abe - I would not have pulled it off so smoothly and so nicely if it wasn't for him. Having an extra person to run around town looking for hooks the night before the show really helped keep my stress levels low.

Thanks to everyone who came out to the Craftacular!

No comments: